Are you looking for a professional and experienced translator for your literary non-fiction text? Then you have found the right person for your project. My name is Teresa Zuhl, I am a German native speaker specialising in written translations from the English language. I also proofread German texts. However big or small your project, I deliver texts that sound like originals – well-worded, well-researched and well-edited. I have been working as a freelance translator since 2009, first based in the UK and now in Germany. I love my work and look forward to working with you. Please take a look around, I hope you like what you see and will get in touch.
- Travel and Tourism: guide books, travel writing, pamphlets
- Food: cookbooks and other culinary texts, recipes, restaurant guides, menus
- The Natural World: nature, animals, environment
- Lifestyle: fashion, well-being, hobbies, home and garden, …
- Culture: film, music and other arts
- Times Past and Present: history, politics, society
- Biographies and Memoirs
- Business Portraits
- Religion and Spirituality
- Children’s books (also children’s fiction)
- Product descriptions and marketing texts
Formats I work with:
- Books: entire works or individual chapters
- Magazine and journal articles
- Websites: whole or parts
- Pamphlets and prospectuses
If your project does not fall into any of the above categories, please do contact me anyway. If I cannot do it, I can normally recommend a colleague who can.
On occasion I might also accept translation assignments from German to English. In that case I work with an experienced, native British proofreader.
I am very happy to send a translation sample upon request.
My latest project:
“Lonely Planet Zentralamerika” (translation of the chapter on Honduras) published by Lonely Planet Deutschland in September 2019